How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a sample letter asking a judge to lift a no contact

Customer Question

I need a sample letter asking a judge to lift a no contact order on my boyfriend. We had a dispute where we were both at fault however he was served an emergency protection order that will exoire in 5 days but no contact is also a bond condition. The judge wants a letter from me stating that I want him to return home
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Who told you that the judge wants a letter from you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
The prosecutor or your husband's attorney.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Husbands Attorney
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
You cannot write a letter to the judge. That would be improper ex-parte communication and it would be improper for your husband's attorney to suggest or discuss such a thing with you. Your husband's attorney is putting his license in jeopardy and should know better.

If you want the no contact order lifted, you need to contact the prosecuting attorney. The prosecuting attorney can make a motion with the court to amend the bond conditions, including lifting the no contact order.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Related Criminal Law Questions