CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

my attorney told me that I can hold to my child while we file

my attorney told me that I can hold to my child while we file the motions to modify custody and later I got arresteds for interfiere in fisical custody of my child and I got arrested. should she be responsable for any additional legal fees that I incurred for following her advice. at least?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
The lawyer could be guilty of malpractice, if you relied on her advice and it got you into trouble. You would first need to file a bar complaint against your attorney, with the Connecticut Bar Association. After, you would need to file a civil lawsuit against her, to recover damages. If the advice she gave you was 100% wrong and the proper answer could have been obtained and you could have avoided arrest, if your attorney did some simple research, you could have a valid claim.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Know the arrest officer did not show me the arrest warrant. was that wronfully done too?

Failure to show you the arrest warrant, would not be grounds for a dismissal. However, if the warrant was not valid, then you may have a possible claim.