Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

i was arrested for embezzlement, taken to jail and im on bail.

Customer Question

i was arrested for embezzlement, taken to jail and i'm on bail. i had 2 weeks of pay and 2 1/2 months of comission, am i not intilted to that? Does that not get entered as my earning for the IRS?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Curtis Staropoli replied 7 years ago.
Ok, I will need a lot more specifics about the facts which led to your embezzlement charge in order to assess what, if any, defenses you might have. Please be as detailed as possible about what occurred.

Also, please provide me with the actual crime (meaning the section of the CA Criminal Code that you are charged with violating) as this will be helpful.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm not questioning the crime i want to know if i'm intiled to my earnings. are they allowed to just keep it? but the code is 503
I'm not sure I can answer you at all --- all I know is that you were charged with embezzlement, I have no idea what led to this or how your earnings fit into it unless you give an explanation of what happened and what exactly is your concern.

Sorry for the Q&A, but there is no way I can help someone on a criminal matter with the information you have given so far.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i wrote checks from the company to pay for my personal bills. I got caught, was arrested on embezzlement charges PC 503, court date 9/8. I was not paid my final wages and I wanted to know if i was intitled to them or does it go towards the balance of what i took. For example if i took $27,000 and my earnings that i did not recieve go towards what i stole making it $24,000? Are my employeers allowed to take the money and put it towards what i stole? if so how will i know for sure?