JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I was just given a speeding ticket near my home in AL. I do

Customer Question

I was just given a speeding ticket near my home in AL. I do not believe I was speeding, but the officer did not show me the radar. He said he was not required to lock it. What options do I have, if any? Is it just my word against his?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn that you received the ticket. Yes, you are correct, to fight the ticket, you go to court. The officer testifies. You testify. It will be your word against the officers. The judge makes a decision as to who to believe and why.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience: Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

There is no law in any state where the officer is required to show you the radar. That is a misconception that many people have. It doesn't make any difference and the above expert is correct and deserves the accept. Your best option is to chekc with the clerk of court to see if you can take online traffic school or possibly get a deferment. Here is the link to an online traffic school where you can check your state and county.

http://www.gototrafficschool.com/AffiliateLink.aspx?AFLID=WPS000540