LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

One of my exs female friends found out my address and came

One of my ex's female friends found out my address and came to my home on Christmas Day last year. She came to harrass me about still trying to reconcile with my ex. She started attacking me, because I told her I was calling the police. The police talked to her, and told her she had to leave because she was trespassing. She said she was there because her car was keyed from a prior incident. They advised me to press charges for simple assault. A week later she went to another town, pressed charges for Simple Assault and Criminal Mischief.    The judge dismissed it because it was out of juridsiction. She called me a month later begging for me to not to file charges against her. So I didn't. Well since this happened she's been calling me blocked harrassing me, and leaving notes on my car chiding me about my ex. So in July I pressed charges for Simple Assault, and she counterfiled. Will mine get dismissed? She showed up to my home, and assaulted me.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

There is no reason that your complaint for assault would be dismissed. Whether she is prosecuted is up to the local prosecutor though.

Based upon all the harassment that you have been enduring, along with having been assaulted, it would seem appropriate that you file for a protective order/restraining order against her. That would subject he to arrest each time thereafter that she harasses you, comes to close to you or even makes contact with you.

Contact your local court clerk about seeking a protective order.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,