JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

My aunt is presently in ECH in Alden NY for rehab for Fx hip

Customer Question

My aunt is presently in ECH in Alden NY for rehab for Fx hip repair and Fx clavicle. She is 80 yo and lucid. Her aid hasverbally insulted her and left her sitting in a wet bed for hours. She is afraid of this aid to the point of shaking and tears. The second aid told her to go ahead and pee, she has a diaper on. A incident report was written up against the first aid, Kathy. I want to know what I can do to make sure my aunt is safe and recieving the proper tx she needs.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

How often do you go to visit your aunt?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Her entered ECH Monday, July 27th and I saw her for the first time at the home on Thursday the 30th. I see her as often as I can.
Are there any other family members/friends who visit her?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes; Son, Daughter-in-law. granddaughter and grandchildren and her sister.
It is important that all of you be attentive to her condition when you each make your visits. It's important to write down the dates, times, and your observations at each visit.

Anytime and everytime something does not seem correct, log it in private diaries, report it to the charge nurse (and record that).

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. When they see that you are an active and involved family, it's far less likely that these problems will occur. If they continue to occur, however, you must evaluate your options for moving her to a better facility.

If, at any time, you think she has been abused, call the police.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry. We know all of this info and are doinf such. We need more legal info.
What, specifically, are you interested in?