dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice

Competency Hearing Competency Placement / Status Def M /

Competency Hearing
Competency Placement / Status
Def M / Downward Departure / Dismiss
Probation Status
Sentencing / Change of Plea
1st / Final VOP / SVOP
Hospital Return
With a hearing coming up in Florida, what is this individual facing and what might be the outcome(s)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 7 years ago.

I would like to help you with this, but I need more information. I only received partial sentences and a possible question. Could you explain the facts more?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Originally arrested for poss of cocaine and drug paraphenalia. Arraingment rescheduled when defendent was out of town for 3 weeks. Now all of these items are appearing on paperwork for new arraingment on 8-3-09. We want to know why they would be incl'd in this hearing and what the ramifications could be. It seems something has changed in the charges and we wonder why? Def was arrested w/another indiv and that indiv's were dropped and was relsd? This is a first offense for the def but not the other person arrested.
Expert:  dkennedy replied 7 years ago.

Okay, it makes more sense now. It appears that the list of things you put in your question that appeared on the paperwork, was just a checklist-type thing preprinted on the forms. Then, if they send out a notice of a competency hearing, for instance, they check that off. If it were a plea, they check that off.

I dont' think there is anything to worry about, it's just a preprinted form and the person is still just scheduled for an arraignment.