Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I was on probation for a 3rd degree felony (possession of a

I was on probation for a 3rd degree felony (possession of a controlled substance) but was put on deferred adjudication. I have since finished my probation but it on a background check it says "DEF ADJ TERM UNSAT" which I take to mean I did not satisfy all the terms of my probation. Does this mean that I am a felon and cannot vote?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
This means that you have not completed your terms and you do need to get with your probation officer to find out which terms were not satisfied to correct it. Many times this results from not paying all fines and fees, but you need to check to get it corrected. It means nothing more at this point other than your.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”