Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I want to know what my likely (not max) penalty will be for

I want to know what my likely (not max) penalty will be for first time soliciting door to door in Sajuarita, AZ, without a license. Town Code section 5.10.020A on ticket. License required to Solicite. I think the officer said it is a class 3 or 1 misdemeanor. Not arrested.

I've had a clean record, college degree, got a sales job with pest control in the summer. I saw my coworker hadcuffed, and I walked away to towards my car. I thought no one saw me, and ran the rest of the way when a cop stopped me and asked why I was running. I admitted everything. I knew there was a law, researched it, tried to get a license, but did not want to quit my job for 6 weeks till the license would be approved, so kept knocking. The cop said he would not have stopped me had he not seen me running without jogging shorts.
Had I known it was a midemeanor I would not have done it.

What penalty do you think I will get if I plea guilty?
Any suggestions on what my statement should be?
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I was able to find Sahuarita's Town Codes online.

Here is the penalty for what you did:

5.45.010 Civil penalties.

Any violation of this title except as specified in STC 5.45.020 shall be a civil infraction and punishable by a fine. Each day that a violation continues shall be considered a separate offense. [Ord. 2000-05; Ord. 1996-11; prior code § 11-10-1.]

Just pay your fine and you will be fine!

Good luck

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. Thanks.

Regards,

Michael