Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I returned a pair of jeans tonight at Nordstroms with my three

Customer Question

I returned a pair of jeans tonight at Nordstroms with my three year old grandson and instead of placing them on the counter I put them on top of the stroller, I walked out acknowledged the mistake and they did not believe me. I had three bags of purchases hanging from stroller and a whinny three year old. I don't really care about the money end of it, I just don't want a criminal record. How do I get that dismissed?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

only the district attorneys office can dismiss a criminal charge. and if it is explained that you were not intentionally trying to deprive the merchant of thier goods, that this was a return and you have made purchases, and if this is a first charge, you could possibly get the matter nol prossed/dimissed