Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

Hello and thank you for helping me. I have a neighbor who

Customer Question

Hello and thank you for helping me. I have a neighbor who has been scaring me and my family for months. He hit me and has threaten my 76 yr old father who has been very ill with cancer. Law enforcement told me to file a injuction and I did but I hear he has been recuiting people and coaching them to lie. I do not know any of these people and I am so afraid of this man that I can not eat or sleep. How could a judge see thru all his lies and all these fake witness. I am afraid he made really hurt me if the restraining order does not hold.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 years ago.
Document everything. Let the police know what is happening. The police reports are documentary evidence of the incidents and timelines. Also, keep your own notes and phone call records (if he is using the phone to harass you).

Most judges are pretty good at seeing through the lies and will be able to see that you are telling the truth.

As always, you are urged to refer to local counsel to protect your rights before taking action in this matter.

Good luck. I hope it goes ok for you.