Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
20011183

My I had possession of drugs on me in NV. it a misdmeneanor

My ? I had possession of drugs on me in NV. it a misdmeneanor .. how can i be able to make this dissaper. my 1st crime .. i live in CA ...
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Your best bet is to hire a local defense attorney who can help you. They know the people and have the best possibility of making this "go away." Certainly, cooperating with the prosecutor (under the direction of the defense attorney) is the best course, because the prosecutor decides (within reason) how you are charged and what bargains will be made.

If you've already been charged or end up charged the soonest you can get your record expunged is three years under the Nevada statute. Nevada Revised Statute 179.245.

If you manage to get the charges dropped or dismissed then you can have the records sealed shortly following the final disposition of the case. Nev. Rev. Stat. 179.255

Nevada Rev. Stat. 179.245
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes you did i was hopeing there would have been a way i could have rep. my self so i dont have to pay them 5K to start plus a fine... for some stuff that was planted on me..
Representing yourself in that type of situation is always dangerous because it is often the relationships between attorneys that get this sort of thing taken care of.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you know any one in tahoe NV that you can recomend

Regrettably I do not know any attorneys in NV that I can recommend.

One option is to contact that NV state bar association and ask for local defense attorneys. You can then cross check those attorneys against their rating at Martindale.com.

That cite peer rates attorneys. Attorneys without ratings are not necessarily bad, perhaps simply new. In your case, you most likely want a well connected defense attorney with the potential to pull some strings and cash in some favors. Look for AV or BV rated defense attorneys in that area. (You can also simply conduct a search in that area on the Martindale site.)
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.