Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
20011183

can I press midegated statutory rape charges 2years after the

can I press midegated statutory rape charges 2years after the crime? I was 16 & he was 22....I now have a year old son to him.
what state are you in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not received an answer from u yet....

CAN i PRESS CHARGES?
All statutory rape in Tennesee is considered at least a class E felony, but the statute of limitations on a class E felony is two years.

It appears that the only purely statutory rape classification that is above Class E is the aggravated class, which requires a 10 year age difference.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, if I understand u right, If I got pregnant in Oct. 2007 which would prove the act of intercourse & medigated statutory rape cuz I was only 16 & he was 22, then I am within the statute of limitations, right?
If you got pregnant in October of 2007 that would substantiate the intercouse. That is less than two years ago. You would need to file your report prior to October of 2009.

That would put you under the statute of limitations for a Class E felony.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Who should I go to ...to file a report? I have no income & can't retain a lawer. What do I do?
If you're talking about a criminal charge (and that's what it is), you simply go to the police. They'll do the rest. This isn't a claim that you can make for money, like suing someone.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.