AttySince1978
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1978, former Judge Pro Tem, former S.F. Police Officer
12441927

Hello... I have a question regarding my husband who was just

Hello... I have a question regarding my husband who was just recently released from prison. When released he was assigned a certain parole officer that although was strict he was still fair. Yesterday he was adivsed that he had a new parole officer by the new parole officer and the parole officers first statement was "It is my mission in life to take your a$$ back to jail". he contact his parole officer today to see if he could cross county lines to apply for a job and the response he received was if the job requires him to go to certain locations then he would take him back to jail. He was also informed that he couldn't go to the park to play basketball, however this was never an issue with his previous parole officer. My question to you is there anyway he can appeal to get a new parole officer or is there anything that he can do? Please feel free to contact me at my personal email addressXXX@XXXXXX.XXX or reply to this post.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 5 years ago.
Firstly, please be advised that your personal email address has been removed by JustAnswer since we experts are not allowed to contact you in any way other than this company JustAnswer.

Normally a parolee is not allowed to change parole officers unless there are extenuating circumstances. A change could be requested if the parole officer is related to the victim's family or the parolee has been physically and emotionally abused by the officer. However, abuse is always difficult to prove unless there are witnesses.

If your husband has extenuating problems with his parole officer than he can request a change. I have provided you with some examples, and as you can see, there must be serious problems connected between your husband and his current parole officer.
I suggest that you do not make the request for change unless you can prove beyond a doubt that his parole officer has been mentally abusing your husband far beyond what is normal and acceptable under the circumstances.

If your husband makes a change request and is denied than the parole officer will probably be unmerciful towards him. So, your husband must make sure that the problem he is having with his parole officer outweighs and justifies the risk that he will be taking to have him replaced.

I know that you will find my answer helpful. Click ACCEPT so that I can be paid pursuant to your agreement with JustAnswer. I will not receive any credit for my work unless you accept my answer. Also, a very small bonus is appreciated but not required.
Thank you and good luck.
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney since 1978, former Judge Pro Tem, former S.F. Police Officer
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to JustAnswer and thanks for asking for me. However, I was away from my computer until just a few minutes ago, so just now saw your request and the fact that AttySince1978 stepped in to answer the question in my absence.

I agree with the answer that you received, particularly the part about the risk of making a request for a change in his parole officer, which if denied is likely to provoke even harsher treatment.

Even though I am not asking for any additional information, I will post this an an info request so that you are not prompted to accept it as an answer.

Thanks again for asking your question here on JustAnswer.