Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
14472836

i have a friend who her ex employer is filing embezzlement

Customer Question

i have a friend who her ex employer is filing embezzlement against her for writing checks to her husband name.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
What is your question ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the class of crime is this and what could punishment be? They are saying it was several checks written to her husband unauthorized invoices she worked in the payable department so she had access to that information
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

Basically it is theft.

Theft of property is a Class B felony if:

(A) The value of the property is two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500) or more

Theft of property is a Class C felony if:

*(A) The value of the property is less than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500) but more than five hundred dollars ($500)

Theft of property is a Class A misdemeanor if:

*(A) The value of the property is five hundred dollars ($500) or less

If you found this answer informational please press the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is punishment for class b
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

For a Class B felony, the sentence shall be not less than five (5) years nor more than twenty (20) years; fine Not exceeding fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) if the conviction is of a Class A or Class B felony;

If this information answered your question please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for the answer.

Comments provided are informational and do not represent legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for lrgal advice. No client/attorney relationship has been formed by this communication.