JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I recieved a ticket from Motor Carrier in Monroe MI. for no

Customer Question

I recieved a ticket from Motor Carrier in Monroe MI. for no corrective lenses. 2 yrs ago I renued my lisence and passed with glasses. About a yr and a half I renued my DOT card and passed without glasses. Once I recieved the ticket I went back to the SOC office and passed the eye exam without my glasses. So now there are no restrictions on my lisence. Do you think that the judge will throw this ticket out. It is a misdeamenor so I have to appear. I have had no tickets, and have never had points. I have had my CDL for about 6 years now. What do you think the judge will say?
Thanks
Steve [email protected]
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Was the the local police, sheriff dept. or state police that wrote your ticket?

Do you have a court date listed on your ticket?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

State Police. No court date yet

257.312 is the code

Call the court and schedule a court date. Tell them that you first want to meet with the prosecutor to discuss your ticket. Take your proof of your vision status with you. Prosecutor will probably dismiss the ticket on the spot. If s/he doesn't, then have your hearing in front of the magistrate and get your dismissal that way.

Good luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think they will still make me pay a fine. Or will it just get tossed out. Because I think there is also 2 points as well. I haven't had any points on my record ever. I would like to keep it that way.
No fine if it gets dismissed.