JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

if someone is on a felony probation for a 4th dui and gets

if someone is on a felony probation for a 4th dui and gets a ticket for driving on a suspended or revoked license. What happens
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

When the person was sentenced and put on probation, did the judge make and threats/promises as to what would happen if there was any probation violation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes up to 3 yrs in prison. I was wondering if the ticket has a court date, should we hire a lawyer to be present from the beginning.

Thank you. Absolutely, hire an attorney to get involved from the get go (on both cases -- the new ticket and the probation violation). That shows the judge how serious this is being taken.

Judges usually do not make promises that they're not willing to keep -- unless a party/attorney gives them a pretty darn good reason to not do it.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well the ticket has a court date. Will that judge find it to be a violation. or does the computer have some kind of flag system, or does the probation officer find out and make it a violation.
When the person was stopped for the driving on suspended/revoked, were they arrested or fingerprinted?

Is the ticket going to be handled in the same court that handled the DUI 4th or are they different courts?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no they weren"t fingerprinted and it is a different court.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no they were not arrested or fingerprinted. The cops almost let him go because the tags had expired on the truck and we didn't realize it. so they didn't arrest him, they just gave him a ticket to appear in court.
Thanks. What will likely happen then is that the probation department will find out on when if some type of plea is entered on the ticket. That's when it will appear on the driving record and the probation department will see it the next time they run the records.
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience: Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks
You're welcome. Have a safe holiday!