Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA CAN FELON OWN A HUNTING RIFLE AND

IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA CAN FELON OWN A HUNTING RIFLE AND IF SHOOTS A BURGLER THREATNING HIS FAMILY BODILY HARM .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Unless you have obtained a pardon from the Governor as to your felony, you may not own a rifle in Oklahoma.

TItle 21 Section 1273 of Oklahoma's laws state;

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person convicted of any felony in any court of this state or of another state or of the United States to have in his or her possession or under his or her immediate control, or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.

B. Any person who has previously been convicted of a nonviolent felony in any court of this state or of another state or of the United States, and who has received a full and complete pardon from the proper authority and has not been convicted of any other felony offense which has not been pardoned, shall have restored the right to possess any firearm or other weapon prohibited by subsection A of this section, the right to apply for and carry a concealed handgun pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and the right to perform the duties of a peace officer, gunsmith, or for firearms repair.
_________

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice.