Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I need to know if my case says Vacated do I have to show up

I need to know if my case says Vacated do I have to show up to the OR review in a month? Are the charges dropped and can I have this case removed from the Court website like my husbands is. They stated it was a rookie cop that made a mistake but my record still shows it on the Riverside county court website
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
If you know your case has been vacated, there should be no reason for it to be on the calendar next month. That your case info still shows is probably a matter of the court website not being fully updated on a daily basis.

All the same, you can't go wrong by either double-checking with the lawyer on the case or by calling the Riverside County Court and speaking to the court clerk a couple of days before the court date you're worried about.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Next to it says OR annual review its says Vacated This is exactly what it says I cut and pasted this info

Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type
08/20/2009 8:00 AM DEPT. PTSB O.R. FILING - ANNUAL REVIEW DATE (CLERK CALENDAR) VACATED ARRAIGNMENT
04/13/2009 HEARING SET 08/20/2009 AT 8:00 RE ORRD IS VACATED.       
09/18/2008 7:30 AM DEPT. PTSB ARRAIGNMENT ACTIVE ARRAIGNMENT
08/20/2008 JURISDICTION SET TO BA BY OTS310.       
08/20/2008 R.O.R. FILED BY RDRG       
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Good grief! I can see why you're confused.

I think there's nothing on the calendar. It's the anniversary date of the case which shows as vacated. But every state, maybe even every jurisdiction has its own codes, and I don't pretend that I know what all of these abbreviations stand for.

So the best I can do is to repeat that a call to court clerk before August 20th should tell you if there's any reason for you to show up. Idoubt it, but you certainly don't want to risk a warrant if there's any reason for you to be there at all.