Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My husband plead guilty to 1 count of felony assult and got

Customer Question

My husband plead guilty to 1 count of felony assult and got to be put in a deffered program so it won't be on his record all's he has to do is take his 18mos of classes and they said that he has to take a lie detecor in a month to see if he has had contact with me the victim. Do they usually go through with the polygraph?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If it is a condition of his deferred adjudication they will go through with it.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So is the the polygraph always right about lieing or telling the truth?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Studies have shown that polygraph results are anywhere from 80% to 95% reliable. So it's pretty accurate, but it's not foolproof. As it's been explained to me, when clients of mine have been polygraphed, much can depend on the skill of the tester. They come at what they want to know from several different angles. It doesn't all come down to one yes or no question. And they can get a very good picture of whether a person is lying or telling the truth. But flawless? No.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice.