How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends and I had a party at our house several nights ago,

Customer Question

My friends and I had a party at our house several nights ago, after asking him to leave our house several times, one intoxicated minor ended up punching my friends car and leaving a dent in it. He promised to pay to have it fixed and now the estimates are coming back at over $1000 to fix the dent. The man who hit the car is now saying he won't pay. Can we still go to the police? Could the police get the man on a minor in possession of is it to late for that?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- You could contact the police but proving the person was intoxicated several days ago might be difficult. It certainly wouldn't help in collecting the money. Your friend can simply file a suit against this person or he/she could press charges for criminal damaging which would be far easier to prove than intoxication.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time and help. I really do appreciate it.
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.
No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave