How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27009
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently reside in Florida and I am actively on state probation.

Customer Question

I currently reside in Florida and I am actively on state probation. I would like to have it transferred to the state of Virginia how would I go about doing this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



the state of VA needs to approve such a transfer through an "interstate compact" the first thing you need to do is present an employment and home plan to you probation agent and then begin to file for the interstate compact. it will need to be approved by Va and then the judge who imposed the probation.


please use this link to read more on the process rules and regulations