xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work

how can I get a criminal charge removed from my record I am

Customer Question

how can I get a criminal charge removed from my record I am tring to get a job as a corrections officer but I had a charge of grand larcency 20 years ago and if so how and what is the cheapest and fastest way to do it?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using

Below please find the requirements for an expungement in Virginia. The requirements are very specific.

If you do not meet the requirements for an expungement, you may still qualify for a simple pardon. A simple pardon allows a person to advance in employment, education, etc. Below is a link to the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth that deals with pardons:

The link for the requirments for a simple pardon is provided below:

It appears that it is very difficult to obtain an expungement. However, a simple pardon is more easily granted. If granted, there will be a notation on your criminal history indicating that fact. Again, a simple pardon may allow you to advance in your employment.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON. This is for informational purposes only and does not replace the advice or assistance of an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.