Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I recieved a letter of reprimand because I didnt adhere to

Customer Question

I recieved a letter of reprimand because I "didnt adhere to the order to stop and cooperate fully." They did not take into account i was just knocked unconcious and was running due to the fact someone yelled "gun" and i was afraid.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
This is a factual issue for the courts to determine as to your state of mind at the time you failed to stop and the reason for your running. Thus, you have to present evidence to the court that someone yelled "gun" and a reasonable person would indeed run to seek protection as a mitigating factor. Again, this is not a legal decision but one based entirely upon the facts of the situation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”