JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

i was summond to appear in court tomorrow morning. for an

Customer Question

i was summond to appear in court tomorrow morning. for an arraignment but i have no idea what i am being charged with i have not been arrested AND i have never been notified on what this will be about so i am going into this blind without a lawyer what should i do? i have tried doing the judiciary case search online etc. and my case does not appear
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

At the arraignment, the judge/magistrate will read you the charges and the possible penalties.

You will be asked if you are going to hire an attorney, ask for court-appointed counsel or represent yourself.

You will be asked how you wish to plead (guilty or not guilty). If you plan to hire a lawyer or ask for court-appointed counsel, you will plead not guilty.

The judge/magistrate may then set bond until your next court date.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!