soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Five years exclusive court house criminal law practice.

I received a DUI in Las Vegas in 1999. I got a lawyer and

I received a DUI in Las Vegas in 1999. I got a lawyer and went to court and was sentenced with community service and alcohol awareness classes along with certain fines. I paid the fines but never completed the classes or the community service. My question is how do I go about remedying this situation so that I can get a Nevada drivers liscence.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  soloprac replied 7 years ago.

I would suggest that you contact your probation officer as one should have been assiged to you following your sentencing. Please be aware that they may want to try to violate your probation as you did not complete the terms of the original agreement/sentencing. However, you may be able to work with them in order to not get them to pursue this route.

Your other option is to contact the attorney that represented you in 1999 and see if he/she would be willing to contact probation on your behalf. It may be better if they inquire about this rather than you.

Best of luck.