Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

Im being haraased by the local sherifs dept. I have contacted

Customer Question

I'm being haraased by the local sherif's dept. I have contacted everyone I could think of within the state of Wi. I made about 20 calls and each one could not answer my question and gave me a different agency or person to talk to. Eventually all this run around and lying lead me back to the first person I called. I did get one good piece of advice through an outside source and that was to get a copy of the complaint procedure from the sheriff's dept. I did this and it tells me nothing.

I can not afford a lawyer and I am sick and tired of looking over my shoulder and worrying that at any time I could be arrested. Any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.
If you haven't tried the ACLU yet, I'd suggest you go there. They investigate complaints when people's civil rights have been violated by the police. You can go here to begin the complaint process:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did and was told that they're to busy and don't have anyone that can help. Keep in mind that this is the ACLU located in Wi. I have found that people in Wi. will lie to protect there own, especially if the person asking from help is from IL, like me.