Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

I have a traffic ticket from 2007 that in the state of Oklahoma

I have a traffic ticket from 2007 that in the state of Oklahoma that has caused my license in Texas to be revoked. I lost the ticket and never paid. I was recently pulled over and told that my license was revoked a received a ticket in Texas. What is the best step for me to take care of the ticket in Oklahoma? Will my fine increase? Also, for the ticket in Texas, if I get it all resolved will the judge by kinder or possibly throw it out?
Submitted: 7 years ago via SpeedingTicketCentral.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.
Hello.

You just need to call the court in Oklahoma where your ticket was to find out how to pay it. There may be extra late fees, but you have to call to find out. Many courts have a pay by phone system, so you should be able to take care of it easily. And yes, if you get it taken care of, it will help your standing with the judge and prosecutor. Generally, only the prosecutor has the authority to throw the driving revoked citation out, and they don't usually do so. But it is possible, and at the very least, you will get a better result even if it's not thrown out by addressing the underlying ticket and get your license reinstated.