P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

what should i expect for citation 14601.2

Customer Question

what should i expect for citation 14601.2?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
What state was this in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had a dui in june 07. I have completed my first offender program, as well as paid my fines. The weekend of april 24th-2009 I went to Santa Barbara with my friend to try and get my license back, however the sr22 had not been received by the DMV yet so I could not pay the reinstatement fee to get my licesne back. On Sunday April 26th I was pulled over on my way back from santa barbara driving my friends car (with him in the car). The officer wrote me a ticket for 14601.2 driving while suspended license.

Since then I have filed the SR22 with the DMV as well as paid my reinstatement fee and reissuing fee and have received my license back as of 5-29-09.

I am a college student at the University of Arizona in Tucson and currently enrolled in summer classes on pace to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Geography this December. Is there a high probability of me going to jail in which I would be forced to drop out of my school for the summer therefore postponing my graduation thus costing me more money in tuition.

Here is the law

You will note that there is a 10 day minimum period of confinement. If this is your first offense (aside from your prior DUI) and there are no aggravating circumstances, its highly likely you would just get the 10 days.

You would do well to talk with a california may be possible to work this out so the jail is served during your break between semesters

Best of luck with this and your degree...go Wildcats!

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.