AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.

Is a law going to be passed in September 2009 were prisoners

Customer Question

Is a law going to be passed in September 2009 were prisoners only serve 1/4 of their time before being eligible for parole?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Dear qj,

Actually, there already is this provision for convicts that are not excluded by other terms:

(f) Except as provided by Section 508.146, any other inmate
is eligible for release on parole when the inmate's actual calendar
time served plus good conduct time equals one-fourth of the
sentence imposed or 15 years, whichever is less.

(see the excepted criminal convictions noted in a - f)

Here is more on good conduct:

I know of know new bill that is expected to be passed regarding this, but if you give me the link I can take a look.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger and can not create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterwards, don't hesitate to Reply and I'm happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks!

Stephanie Joy

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advise and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.