Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

It is believe that as of date, the state of alabama is now

Customer Question

It is believe that as of date, the state of alabama is now withholding my driver license illegally, reason been it was remove for five years, it is now six, and refused to reinstate. Can the state be sued for reinstatement and monetary damages.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
There seem to be lawyers in Alabama who specialize in driver's licenses. Looking over the regulations, I can see why. I take it you filed your SR-22, and everything you need to do is on file but you're saying that they are sitting on your reinstatement?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes. The law plainly state 5 yrs. Payed all fees. I owe the state absolutely zero, nothing. I also have extensive files record which clearly show da state is acting illegally and malicious and it is evident that as such i believe da state is liable for it contempt of the law, also should held accountable it wrongful action.