Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
14472836

How can I obtain a copy of a final court disposition from my

How can I obtain a copy of a final court disposition from my case and appearance in court 9 years ago in the state of NY. I now reside in Florida and need this for my job.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If you have the case number XXXXX the names of the parties you can call the clerk of courts in the court where the legal action took place. You can ask them to pull the case. You can also go online and see if the court has placed its records on line. In many cases you can pull up your case by case number XXXXX or the parties.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have no paperwork, case number, or even the city where this case was heard? I was given nothing after.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

I do not understand,. Were you not a party to the case? It would have been in the county where you lived, or where the defendant lived , or wheer the subject of tne litigatin occurred?

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I apologize. perhaps I wasn't clear. I was aressted by the State Police and charged with public lewdness not in the same county where I lived. The case was heard in the county where I was arrested.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If you know tyhe county the you can call that county clertk. If not you may need to go to a legal library in Florida and ask them to search for cases with your name in NY. There are also online commercial entities that can do that as well for a fee.

If you paid a fine by check, then see to whom the check was paid to. If you failed to show up/pay there is probably a bench warrant out for you in NY. A call to the State Patrol in NY could probably tell you if that is the case.