Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My girl friend and I got into a fight today. She was arrested

My girl friend and I got into a fight today. She was arrested for punching and kicking me this morning. We have a ten month old. The court ordered she have no contact with me untill our court date. What can i do to talk to her to work this out pre court??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

if she is to have no contact with you, then she should not speak to you or she risks being held in contempt of court - what you can try to do as the "victim" is contact the district attorney in your county and ask to speak to a victim/witness coordinator or the attorney prosecuting the case. explain to them that it is important that she be able to talk to you because you have a child in common - ask about having the charges placed on an inactive docket - this means, if there are no more incidents than the matter will be dismissed. but you should not contact her - as you put her at risk of being held in contempt of court.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
does email count?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

you know, it would include email - especially email as that is a written contact that can be used against her.