Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

what is the fine for penal law violation 245.01

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

the fine is $250

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
does it add points to my driver license
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

no points to the driver's license. though it also carries a possible 15 days in jail.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

one last question please , this is my first ticket , I'm tensed ..

in the ticket its mentioned as " was observed saeted in rear seat of parked auto w/ pants down exposing privite area to public view .." , actually pant was not down . does the ticket say the pant was down ?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

this is how the law reads - so if not exposed, plead not guilty

Section 245.01 Exposure of a person

A person is guilty of exposure if he appears in a public place in such a manner that the private or intimate parts of his body are unclothed or exposed. For purposes of this section, the private or intimate parts of a female person shall include that portion of the breast which is below the top of the areola. This section shall not apply to the breastfeeding of infants or to any person entertaining or performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

Exposure of a person is a violation.

Nothing in this section shall prevent the adoption by a city, town or village of a local law prohibiting exposure of a person as herein defined in a public place, at any time, whether or not such person is entertaining or performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks ..
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

you're welcome. good luck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, i don't know if you can read this message , is therre any chance to get this ticket dismissed ?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

you will need to negoiate it with the district attorney - if you are not guilty, then you can go to court and plead not guilty. you can speak with the DA in court and explain what happened and see if they will dismiss the matter.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I got a mail saying you got the 15$ payment , do i owe you more ? if yes please let me know how to send it to you ..

do u think hiring a lawyer for this is good ? I'm totally new to the US , I'm on work visa , will this violation stop me in getting my visa extension or block my green card process ? I have not slept for whole night.. plesae help me out .. what are the probablities of the "jail thing "

Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

i cannot tell you to not hire an attorney - that is something you will need to decide on your own - anytime there is jail time involved, it is always good to have legal representation - but on a first offense, more than likely a fine is all that will be imposed, possible probation.

a violation should not block any immigration process.

yes, i have recieved payments. thank you.