Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My 17yr old son was involved in a hit and run (attended) in

My 17yr old son was involved in a hit and run (attended) in Bellingham, WA. There were no injuries and he has apologized to the other driver and paid to fix the other driver's vehicle. Is a "deferred prosecution" an option? He did have a "deversion" for a thief charge in 12/2006. He completed all conditions and really learned from the experience.   Thanks for any information you have to offer.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

it is something to discuss with the prosecutor - if the other driver is satisfied with the payment for the vehicle get a letter from him stating that all damages have been paid and then ask the DA to dismiss the charges or discuss the deferred prosecution by putting the matter on an inactive docket and as long as there are no more incidents then this will not be brought forward.