Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have a two part question. 1.) i was in a car with two of

Customer Question

I have a two part question. 1.) i was in a car with two of my friends in Union county N.J. one of witch had 7 grams of marijuana in his pocket I was not aware of I was in the back seat and it was not my car what will I be facing as far a trial is concerned. 2.) I myself was caught with 13 grams of marijuana will i be doing any jail time for it? The car incident with my friends is my only drug related bust on my recored witch aside from these two incidents is clean. please help me out. thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.

hi

50 grams or less does carry a penaly of up to 6 months. though you may get just a fine, community service and substance abuse counseling as a first offender.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What do you think will happen with the first incedent about my friend having 6grams I was not aware of? I was not caught with any drugs or parifinalia (spelling?) so I'm curiouse as to what will happen to me?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.

hi

it is all the same - because it is based on the amount as in gram-wise

if your friend, is not a first offender, then he could get jail time.