Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can someone be prosecuted for operating an unlicensed daycare

Customer Question

Can someone be prosecuted for operating an unlicensed daycare in michigan?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

1. What is the exact name of the charge being prosecuted?

2. Have you been provided a statutory citation for the offense (please share it)?

3. What is the exact type of business alleged in the complaint (i.e. child care center, day care center, group child care home, etc.)?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1. I haven't officially been charged with anything yet. Licensing showed up at my home when I was operating an unlicensed daycare in my home.

Is there anyway I could be facing jail time, or just fines?

Thank you for your help.

Hello again,

Thank you for writing back.

I have opted out (without charge). Other legal experts are able to view your question and answer if they choose to do so.

Take care and thanks again for using JustAnswer®.