Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My husband received a $500 citation in Georgia for not pulling

My husband received a $500 citation in Georgia for not pulling over to an outer lane from the near lane containing a police car stopped and involved with another vehicle. He disagreed totally with the officer; however, did not argue and accepted the citation. It is written out to another name, not the correct of my husband. Does this major error void the ticket? What should he do with it? He lives in Iowa. Thank you so much.
WW.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

hi

this does not constitute an automatic dismissal of a ticket, if the car description is correct, etc. your husnband can appear in court and ask that it be dismissed base on the inaccurate - though i doubt it will be dismissed as your husband was the driver - the reason they are not dismissed on a wrong name is XXXXX XXXXX folks use alias and they cant dismiss a ticket in every case where an alias is used.