Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

my drivers license were suspended for either life or 10- years

Customer Question

my drivers license were suspended for either life or 10- years for DUI in 1996 in florida. How do I get them back now?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

i dont know if that is possible. florida law prohibits the expungement of any or all dui convictions - i am not sure who you contacted on the license re-instatement but perhaps, they do not know that you cannot have a dui expunged. what number dui was it that got you this revocation of your license?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was number 7
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

sorry. you are not going to be an expungement, in my opinion. but you can file a petition for expungement by going to the clerk of the court and asking for the form - and written instructions on how to file for it.

you know you also might want to look into what type of motorbikes are permissible on the highway without a driver's license. not sure if that interests you at all - but i beleive it is 35cc to 50cc - just a thought.

i do wish you good luck with it.