P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

Ex-boyfriend has naked pictures of me he is threatening to

Customer Question

Ex-boyfriend has naked pictures of me he is threatening to send my friends/post on the Internet. We live in Texas. Is this blackmail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me please, what is he demanding from you to not post (if anything)?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He's not demanding anything in return, but every time he is drunk and angry, he threatens to post them. Is there any way I can legally get those pictures off his computer? He e-mailed me one of them in the middle of the night last night.
That sounds more like harassment than blackmail.

Under the law, blackmail occurs when a person threatens to take some action unless you do or refrain from doing some action. For example, if he said "Pay me $ or I post" that would be blackmail. Or if he says "sleep with me or I post" that would be blackmail

Your description sounds more like harassment.

Regardless, you should report this to local law enforcement...they can assist with this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help!
Welcome

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.