Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
14472836

I was arrested after answering an adv. on craigslist that was

I was arrested after answering an adv. on craigslist that was posted by the worcester police. no conversation, no touching, no money exchanged hands. could this be considered police entrapment
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

The three items, money, touching, or conversation ar not necessarily key unless the crime yu are being accused of required those actions. In order to claim entrapment you would need to show that the nature of the ad would casue a reasonable person to perform some act they would not normally do. The "reward" in the ad would have to be so great that a reasonable person would be induced into doing something they never would have considered absent the inducement.

An entrapment defense becomes a matter of looking at the facts surrounding the ad objectively and deciding whether the ad goes too far. An ad by itself is not necessarily entrapment.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
after calling the lady to set up appointment at 1pm I did not hear back so I didnt make another call. she then called me and asked if I could come at 2pm. I said OK and went to hotel. could that be considered entrapment?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

Based on what you have it would be very difficult. You already decided to show up at the apartment. You initiated the call.The police did not induce you to do anything you were no already prepared to do. The fact that it was at 2:00 rather than 1:00 would not make a large difference.

You need to focus more on what caused you to make the initial appointment and whether entrapment can be found there.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice
.