How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i am on probation in one county and get a PI in another

Resolved Question:

if i am on probation in one county and get a PI in another county will the county im on probation in find out
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I am sorry for your circumstances, and I hope that everything gets resolved appropriately for you in this matter.
  2. The answer to your question is "Yes". Your offense in the other county will be entered into the computerized database and will be immediately available to all law enforcement and probation officials. If you are not on his or her "radar screen", in other words if he or she does not have cause for suspicion, your probation officer well may not catch the violation until the next time your information is accessed. At that point, however, it will be discovered and you will most likely be violated, which carries some very serious consequences.
  3. Without a doubt, your very best approach would be to call your probation officer tomorrow and voluntarily disclose this offense. I can assure you that it is far preferable to demonstrate credibility and trustworthiness by being upfront rather than making a futile attempt to hide the information. I would be glad to interact with you further on this topic even after you click "accept" to process my answer. I will be signing off for the night soon, but I will be sure to check back for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum again tomorrow.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you