AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.

how can i get out of a drug charge when some one planted drugs

Customer Question

how can i get out of a drug charge when some one planted drugs in my car when i am a habitual offender
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Dear snb,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. That being said...

Yes, you can get the charges dropped. If you provide sufficent proof of the planting, the State will have to drop the charges against you. Remember, the State MUST prove all elements of the current charge, irrespective of any habitualness on your part - this particular offense must be proven against you. And, the State is legally required to consider any exculpatory evidence it has (or receives) that tends to show your innocense.

So, you need to go get proof, credible proof - that is the tricky part and you can either get it through diligence or you can't.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger and can not create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. This will not cost you anything, if you already deposited to the company for this service. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterwards, don't hesitate to Reply and I'm happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks!

Stephanie Joy

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advise and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.