LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. The acronym "SOID" = "Sheriff's Office Identification" number (usually seen as SOID#). This abbreviation is commonly seen on criminal history reports or "rap sheets" and is used administratively to track and record criminal data.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sot sure if it is in reference to a Sherriff ID number..I can not access the page right is down due to system maintenance as soon as it return and I check the information against your answer I will accept your answer. Thank you for your time and information.

Hello again and thanks for writing back,

Sure -- that sounds just fine. If you have any doubt after being able to access the information, please just write back and let me know. I would be happy to interact with you further and make sure you feel confident in my answer. I will be signing off shortly for the night, but I will be sure to check for any additional posts from you when I again return to this online forum tomorrow.

I hope that this is of some more help and that everything works out appropriately.

Take care and thanks again for using JustAnswer®.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I looked up the information again. The word SOID is listed under detainer charges..on the other cases under charges it has listings like probation violation etc. Does that mean that SOID still means Sheriff's Office ID#? I am assuming it does..could it mean anything else as it relates to chanrges? Thank you for your help.