Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

i got cought stealing for the 2nd time in about 8yrs and being

Customer Question

i got cought stealing for the 2nd time in about 8yrs and being charge with 666pc, how can i get out of it with a leser charge
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
In most of these matters, the DA prefers to accept pleas instead of fighting a case, so it is up to your attorney to negotiate it. Other than this, there really is no "getting out of it with a lesser charge" Your attorney would first challenge the evidence seizure against you, the probable cause for your stop, and any statements taken against you or identifications. If all of that fails, negotiation is all you can hope for.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
to be more specific, should i hire an attorney or stick with public defender
I always suggest a private attorney, since you end up getting what you pay for with a public defender (they are generally overworked and too busy to give anyone special attention).