How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Counselor Your Own Question
Counselor, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 631
Experience:  Former deputy prosecuting attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Counselor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was inadvertantly involved in helping a friend flee

Customer Question

My husband was inadvertantly involved in helping a friend flee the scene of an armed robbery in Ohio. He was questioned by the police today and cooperated fully with them giving them all the information they will need to put the robbers in prison. He was unaware that what they were planning to do they were simply friends and he had called to ask my husband to pick him up at a friends house when he got there they jumped in the car screaming go go go he did not go to the police earlier out of fear of our families saftey these people have been in prision before. My question is, though I realize it is ultimatley up to the prosecutor in our county what is the likely sentance he will face and is there anything further we can do to help his case?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Counselor replied 8 years ago.

I am assuming from your question that you are asking what sentence your husband may face. If that is the case, I think it is premature, since your husband has not even been charged with anything yet.


I would strongly advise that you consult a good criminal attorney now, since that may be the best chance for making sure that your husband is not charged with anything.


I would recommend that you contact the local bar association’s lawyer referral service (they all have them) to locate a lawyer who practices criminal law in your state, since cases like this are always very fact sensitive, and there may be nuances in state or local laws that affect your situation and that only an attorney in your state would be aware of.

If you want to follow up, please identify your questions in the subject line as being for “Counselor.” Although it’s not required by any means, a bonus (tip) is always appreciated if you find the answer helpful. I would also appreciate any feedback you can give me to improve the quality of my answers.


Related Criminal Law Questions