Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

my son just received 4 citations and I would like to know what

my son just received 4 citations and I would like to know what kind of trouble he may be in. 1.failure to remain at collision scene (criminal) 2. driving on suspended license (he marked civil & criminal)3. no az license (civil)4. failure to control speed to avoid collision (civil).
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.

Hit and run with property damage only is a class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by 4 months in jail and/or a $750 fine. Driving on a suspended license can carry up to six months in jail. The remaining charges are punishable by fines only.

Depending on his driving record, he may be able to get a probationary sentence rather than having to serve any jail time. If he doesn't have a lawyer yet, he should hire one or apply for the public defender's services if he can't afford to hire a lawyer.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
he is already on probation and has lost his license.
Unfortunately, he may end up having to do some time if he is already on probation. He needs to get a lawyer for both the new tickets as well as the violation of probation hearing that will likely arise from the new case, so that way he has someone to protect his rights in both cases.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you!