Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I reside in the state of Oregon. I recently obtained a copy

Customer Question

I reside in the state of Oregon. I recently obtained a copy of my background record. It has two arrests (duii) listed for only one which actually occured because of multiple bookings in two different counties on the same arrest. The agency doing the report say they are willing to correct it if they recieve a fax from the other agency (county office) who refuse to do so. I just want the record to be accurate and truthfull. Do I need to file a lawsuit to make it happen?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
No, you should not need a lawsuit. You should be able to get a letter and copy of the booking file from the county where the booking didn't result in charges. If there is no abstract from the court showing the charges brought and a conviction/acquittal, it should be fairly simple.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The copy of my record shows no complaint filed off to the right, but still lists it as a separate arrest. Thank you for your answer, but it is not really helpfull in this instance. I will try to get some other input.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
If no criminal charges were filed, that should be all that is needed to establish or verify your claim.