How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Weilbacher, Esq. Your Own Question
David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 335
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
David Weilbacher, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

husband being extradited from wa to fl on a crime from 1995

Resolved Question:

husband being extradited from wa to fl on a crime from 1995 he was held once before in 1997 on this same warent in 97 here in wa. fl didn't want to extradite then. how can i find the extradition papers that he singed in 97.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The extradition papers should be in two places. First, and more convenient for you, you should be able to find them at the county courthouse for the county in Washington in which he was being held. The file is likely only to contain a copy, as the original would have been sent to Florida. When you get to the courthouse go to the clerk of courts office and determine how the files are indexed, and determine the case number XXXXX to his case. It is like the file is now in the "dead files" room. This is where the clerk's office sends files after they are closed. You should find the document in the file, and you can copy it.

The second location, which will not be convenient for you, is in the court file in Florida. You will follow the same process as above.

The document you are seeking is a public record, so you can contact the county in Florida that is seeking extradition, and request a copy.

Another place to look would be the office of the attorney, if any, that represented him in 1997.

Good luck.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

David Weilbacher, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you