David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
16956515

two police came to my house, i believe i know why. i was told

two police came to my house, i believe i know why. i was told the family was not going to press charges but i feel they changed their minds. what should i tell the police if anything or wait for a laywer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If there is the possibility of you being charged with any crime, you should not speak the police unless you have an attorney present.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok well i am in another state for school. So how would i go about talking to them with a laywer? They asked my to call them, should i call them or no?
No. If they are investigating you, they can make arrangements to come to you, or they can wait until you are back in town. However, you are under no obligation to help them. Further, any statements you make on the phone can be used against you just as if the state where made in person. If you are being investigated, you need to be represent by an attorney during all stages of the investigation.